I love the tight-knit community and the support I feel from everyone at VMS. I love the flexibility of classes and being able to teach my passions. Upper School Teacher
In order to develop character, seek knowledge, and build community, Vail Mountain School is dedicated to addressing institutional and individual inequities in order to holistically support the well-being and success of our community members. We are committed to approaching the topic of inclusivity as rigorously as we do our academics, learning side by side as a cross-age community. We aim to acknowledge the past societal failures of silence and passivity, especially in our educational institutions, as we strive to create a welcoming and supportive environment for every student.
- Significant tuition remission for children of full-time faculty and staff as available and based on eligibility
- Be part of an energetic team of teachers who approach their work with passion and humor
- Competitive Health Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Vail/Beaver Creek Ski Pass
- Wellness Stipend
- Free Daily Lunch
- Subsidized On Campus Faculty Housing Opportunities (limited space available)
- Salary competitive with the state and commensurate with experience
Many people experience sticker shock when they see a $22 hamburger at a local restaurant or look in the paper and see what seems like astronomical rent. If you’re coming from a college town, there will be some adjustment; if you’re coming from New York or San Francisco, it will be a relief. The fact is, Vail is expensive but life here does not have to be. Rest assured, there is no mandatory vow of poverty. Once you’re established and networked, it’s much easier to live affordably. You’ll find a great place to live through friends or VMS parents, arrange pro-deals, or take advantage of off-season sales for the three pairs of skis and five bikes you’ll need (want). You’ll also figure out when and where to shop for the other things you need.