Book Fair & Holiday Market
Monday, December 6, 7:45 am - 4 pm
Tuesday, December 7, 7:45 am - 4 pm
Wednesday, December 8, 7:45 am - 5:30 pm
Thursday, December 9, 7:45 am - 4 pm
The Common will be filled with thousands of books that include a broad range of carefully curated titles with something for everyone! And again this year the Book Fair will include a holiday market featuring crafts created by members of the VMS community. It’s a great way to start your holiday shopping, and a fun way to engage with your whole family in reading. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Vail Mountain School. A huge thank you to Parent Partners and The Bookworm of Edwards for organizing this annual event!
Tuesday 12/7 12:25 pm
Jim Davidson is an author and inspirational speaker. Mr. Davidson will speak to Upper School students and parents about his upcoming book, The Next Everest, and how embracing change, challenge, and uncertainty prepares anyone to face their next "Everest" in life.
LOWER SCHOOL SPEAKER
Nicole Magistro & Alice Feagan
Thursday 12/9 10:15 AM
VMS parent and author Nicole Magistro and her illustrator Alice Feagan will speak with Lower School students about the process of writing a book. Nicole's book, Read Island, was published this fall.
SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS
- Books for all ages K-12 including many from the VMS summer reading lists
- Books for all reading levels
- Spanish and Mandarin titles that tie into VMS world languages courses
SOMETHING FOR THE ADULTS
- Faculty and staff recommended reads
- Books by upcoming and past speakers, and VMS alumni
- Cookbooks and other non-fiction
SOMETHING FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Maker+Stitch will sell knit hats, fun bags, reading and screen glasses, tea towels, candles, ornaments, and felted decor.
- Yeti’s Grind will sell lush Baby Yeti's, coffee beans, mugs, plus much more.
- Squash Blossom will sell products that support artists from around the country. These include unique beaded bracelets, fair trade bags, sage, locally made “hope bracelets” that support the Eagle Valley Community Fund, handmade necklaces and earrings from a local Eagle County resident.
- Mangiare Italian Market will sell chocolates, cookies, crackers, and grab bag items.
- Nine Pine Design will sell handmade beanies, sustainably sourced wool, and handmade soaps.
- Read Island LLC is a female-owned company inspired by books and nature. They will sell stickers, greeting cards, socks, masks, and a 200-piece puzzle for families.
- Skipper & Scout will sell stocking stuffers and baby gift ideas.
- Aid Tanzania will sell beautiful hand made beaded holiday ornaments and animals from Tanzania!
- Vail Mountain Coffee & Tea Co will sell freshly roasted coffee in their Holiday Blend.
- Phil's Secret Sauce will sell four sauces: Chimichurri, Caesar Dip, Bolognese, and Ranchygrette Dressing.
- Vail Print will sell Christmas items.
- Ella Towle, 11th grade, will sell Christmas ornaments to fundraise for her trip to Tanzania with Children's Global Alliance.
- Carys Highum, 7th grade, will sell high quality beaded jewelry.
SOMETHING FOR GRANDPARENTS
- Grandparents are encouraged to attend and peruse the VMS Community Offerings
- If a grandparent is interested in a tour of VMS, email Colleen Davis.
- Cash, check and credit cards will be accepted.
- Students will have shopping opportunities throughout the week. If you would like to authorize your child to make purchases and have them billed to your school account, please fill out the form below.
- We encourage parents to visit the Book Fair, but please be mindful of carpool.
- If you attend in the morning, please only park in lane one after carpool is completed at 8:20 am.
- If you attend in the afternoon, please make sure to return your vehicle by 3 pm or visit after 3:30 pm.
HELP WITH THE BOOK FAIR
- Interested in getting involved with Book Fair? A volunteer sign-up form will be forthcoming. Most volunteer slots are outside of business hours.