Portrait of a VMS Graduate
- VMS graduates speak articulately, respectfully, and confidently to all members of the community.
- VMS graduates understand and employ empathy, recognize different perspectives, and see the value of diversity in the world.
- VMS graduates are guided by an ethical framework and a strong ethical code, providing them with integrity in the face of challenges and injustices.
- VMS graduates possess strong self-advocacy skills and have the courage to ask for help, not for the answer.
- VMS graduates take responsibility for the consequences of their actions and behaviors both in and out of school.
- VMS graduates approach life’s challenges with perseverance and grit.
- VMS graduates find joy in learning, in thinking open mindedly, and in exploring areas that are important to them.
- VMS graduates respect knowledge; however, they also question doctrine in order to find their own answers to life’s questions.
- VMS graduates work well both independently and collaboratively in order to achieve personal and group success.
- VMS graduates utilize strong executive functioning skills.
- VMS graduates appreciate the natural world around them as they thrive in the surrounding mountain environment.
- VMS graduates are kind and considerate to people of all ages, exemplified by relationships with their younger peers.
- VMS graduates recognize that their education provides them the opportunity and skills to serve a public purpose both locally and globally.