Dear VMS Community,
Vail Mountain School lives our mission every day and this is especially important during unsettling times. We are committed to these ideals today more than ever. I want to communicate our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in light of recent events:
- We treat all with dignity, respect, and empathy.
- We endeavor to imbue moral responsibility and develop strength of character as essential pillars of our mission.
- We strive to ensure that social justice and equity are central to the student, family, and faculty/staff experience at VMS.
- We thoughtfully share a variety of perspectives and experiences and strive to educate ourselves in order to understand all points of view.
- We embrace historical facts and utilize sound scientific research to seek solutions to issues confronting our future.
- We incorporate social justice programming into our curriculum on an ongoing basis.
- We strive to create an open, diverse and inclusive community.
- We endeavor to confront and solve problems with effective, honest, and empathetic dialogue that seeks mutually beneficial solutions.
- VMS students, parents, and employees show one another the kindness and compassion necessary to build cohesion and trust in our community.
Head of School