Please follow this link for 2020-2021 CHSAA Approved Athletic Calander. Infomation for registration and specific scheudles will be sent out via email. Reach out to Bobby Ecker at email@example.com, or 970-477-7168 for questions.
VMS Athletic Department Philosophy
In keeping with Vail Mountain School’s mission, the athletic programs at VMS provide a positive and inclusive atmosphere where participants will grow emotionally, intellectually and physically. Athletic programs are an extension of the classroom at VMS; important characteristics and skills such as teamwork, sportsmanship, integrity, and grit are ingrained through team building, practices or workouts, and games.
Upper School Sports
Athletics and physical conditioning are considered essential components of a well-rounded VMS experience. Therefore, upper school students must fulfill a physical fitness requirement by participating in a sport for one of the seasons. This can be accomplished by involvement in an interscholastic sport or fitness activity approved by the athletic director. Please note that the athletics offerings below are subject to change. In addition, VMS Students have the opportunity to play sports for other schools in the valley who offer sports that we do not, i.e - Football, Baseball, Dance, Track and Field, Boys Tennis, etc. Please reach out to Athletic Director Bobby Ecker at Becker@vms.edu for more information.
Fall Sports (See link above for new dates due to COVID)
- Boys Development & Varsity Soccer
- Girls Development & Varsity Volleyball
- Boys Development & Varsity Golf
- Climbing Club
Winter Sports (See link above for new dates due to COVID)
- Boys Development and Varsity Basketball
- Girls Development Basketball
- Boys & Girls Alpine Skiing
- Boys & Girls Telemark Skiing
- Boys & Girls Nordic Skiing
- Boys & Girls Competitive Climbing Team
Spring Sports (See link above for new dates due to COVID)
- Girls Development & Varsity Soccer
- Girls Development & Varsity Golf
- Girls Development & Varsity Tennis
- Boys Development & Varsity Lacrosse
- Boys Development & Volleyball
- Climbing Club