Investing in your child's education pays dividends, and they begin today! Vail Mountain School's tuition is a direct reflection of:
- Attracting, retaining, and developing extraordinary educators who are experts in their subjects
- Providing individualized instruction in small classes, with an average student-to-teacher ratio of 8:1
- Integrating character, service learning, outdoor education, and cross age experiences into the curriculum to ensure a well-rounded student who is empathetic, kind, and a valued member of the community.
- Enriching the educational experience through co-curricular opportunities
- Community Service
- After School Academy
- Music & Dance
- Offering beautiful and functional learning spaces, athletic facilities, and performing arts venues
- Fostering emotional intelligence through class trips, hut trips, orientation trips, Intraterm experiences, and international travel experiences.
- Delivering exceptional outcomes
- 100% of seniors are accepted to a four year college or university
- Our alumni are making their mark around the world as community leaders and volunteers
Throughout our almost sixty year history, we’ve been committed to serving the local community by providing need-based tuition assistance, which currently amounts to more than $1,400,000 per year and is granted to approximately 26% of our families. Applications for tuition assistance must be submitted each year a child is enrolled at VMS. Grants are awarded on the basis of a family’s demonstrated need. To help evaluate need, the VMS Tuition Assistance Committee employs the nationally standardized system, FACTS Management. After reviewing a family’s application, FACTS computes a figure for the family’s expected contribution towards tuition.
2021 - 2022 Tuition
LOWER SCHOOL (Grades K-5): $28,800
MIDDLE SCHOOL (Grades 6-8): $30,800
UPPER SCHOOL (Grades 9-12): $32,400
All in-state overnight travel and field trips
Catered lunch by Sage DiningSage Dining
Featured speakers and author visits
Technology devices (grades K-7)
Lower School Admission (Grades K-5)
Director of Admission, Lower School
Developing the ability to think critically was central to my experience at VMS. Whether the topic was art, geometry, literature, or even soccer, we honed our ability to think critically about the subject at hand, and more often than not, its broader implications.