To begin the application process, click the link below to reach our admissions portal on the Ravenna website. You will also use Ravenna to pay the application fee, and submit supplemental forms such as teacher evaluations, school records, student essays, and parent/guardian statements. Should you need assistance using Ravenna, please contact email@example.com. They will gladly work with parents to answer questions or troubleshoot any issues. If you have questions about the application, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to begin the application
Application ProcessThe application process is multi-tiered and includes submitting a formal application, as well as in-person, telephone, or Zoom interviews with the Director of Admission and Division Director. Families learn about the school’s mission and values, programs, facilities, and community. At the same time, the school learns about a family’s reasons for exploring VMS and the goals they have for their child’s education. A tour of the school typically takes place at this point, although it can also be paired with the student visit day, which takes place later.
A complete application for admission consists of:
- Completed online application. Students applying for grades 6-12 are expected to complete a portion of the application themselves. The application for grades K-5 is completed by parents.
- 3 years of school records including grades and formal transcripts.
- Teacher recommendations. Applicants in grades 1-5 submit three: one from their main classroom teacher and two from another content area teacher or specialist. Those in grades 6-12 provide recommendations from: an English teacher; a math teacher; and a representative of the school, which can be the principal, an advisor, or counselor. For applicants to kindergarten, there is an observation form to be filled out by their preschool teacher.
- Current standardized, normed testing such as the IOWA, ERB, Stanford, CSAP, NWEA, etc.
- Any testing the applicant has had must be provided. Examples may include WISC, WISPI, Gizell, COGAT, gifted and talented profiles or processing disorder profiles.
- VMS typically requires an in-person visit day for applicants, but these have been suspended for the 2020-2021 school year and replaced by Zoom interviews.
- Applicants for Kindergarten usually participate in an in-person Readiness Screening in place of the visit day, and these are still tentatively scheduled for January 2021. A representative of the school may also observe the applicant in the familiar learnng setting of their preschool if possible.