To apply for positions listed below, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see job descriptions for any additional requirements.
Part-Time After School Care Coordinator & Art TeacherThe After School Coordinator is in charge of caring for and monitoring children in grades K-5 after school during the school year in a program called, “After-Care.”
Read Full Job Description
Long Term Substitute- Upper School EnglishVail Mountain School is seeking a long term substitute to teach Upper School English beginning in the Fall of 2019.
Read Full Job Description
About Our FacultyThe faculty and staff at VMS possess a wide range of experience and talents unified by an unsurpassed commitment to teaching and nurturing emotional growth. In and out of the classroom, as a member of our community, you will be asked to contribute as a mentor, coach, tutor, and guide as well as other roles that emerge. You’ll work with peers who are smart, energetic, positive, motivated, and always involved. At the end of the day, you won’t be counting the minutes remaining but wishing you had time to accomplish more. It’s also likely that at the end of the day you might skin up Vail Mountain with your colleagues or go on a sunset mountain bike ride on nearby trails.
Portrait of a VMS Teacher
Our SchoolVail Mountain School is a Kindergarten through 12, co-educational, non-sectarian day school located in the Central Rocky Mountains, 100 miles west of Denver. The school’s primary focus is to provide a rigorous academic setting as preparation for college and for life. Co-curricular programs take full advantage of our location in the resort community of Vail and the White River National Forest. VMS is known for:
- A robust experiential and global education program
- The rigor of a high quality college preparatory curriculum combined with a rapport driven environment that inspires character development
- An unparalleled collaborative relationship with our community and our mountain environment
- The flexibility to support our athletes, thespians, musicians, artists, and diverse learners, in and outside of school
BenefitsTo attract new staff of the highest caliber and to make living in a luxury resort town easier, we are inspired by a progressive Strategic Plan to provide competitive salaries and benefits that include a few unique perks.
- Tuition remission for children of full-time faculty and staff as available and based on eligibility
- Competitive health insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Vail/Beaver Creek ski pass
- Wellness stipend
- Free daily lunch
- Subsidized on-campus faculty housing (limited space available)
- Salary competitive with the in-state peers and commensurate with experience